MSH HealthExtend critical illness insurance provides financial support with a lump sum payment if you are diagnosed with a life-altering, critical illness.
- Tax-free payment of up to $25,000 to each eligible member and spouse
- Affordable premiums
- Worldwide coverage
- Autonomy over how your benefit is spent (replace lost income, manage medical expenses or keep up with mortgage or rent payments, etc.)
- Peace of mind when it counts
- Anyone under 64 years old
- Canadian residents and their spouses
- Expatriates and their spouses residing outside their home country
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Benign Brain Tumour
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Heart Attack
- Kidney Failure
- Loss of Speech
- Major Burns
- Major Organ Failure Requiring Transplant
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
Critical Illness Insurance helped Leonor continue with her life.
Client story: Leonor, 57, independent contractor and mother of 2
"I was diagnosed with breast cancer in April of 2018. Cancer affected my entire life— my health, my family, and my work. Having Critical Illness protection helped me keep my house."
While battling cancer, Leonor had to contend with additional expenses resulting from her illness:
Transportation to receive treatment
Alternative treatments and medical equipment (wheelchair)
Domestic support (private nurse, housekeeper)
$100 - $250/visit
Home and vehicle modifications (home modifications such as installation of wheelchair ramp)
MSH HealthExtend Critical Illness Insurance helped Leonor cover these costs so she could focus on her recovery.
Critical Illness Insurance covered the cost of adding a wheelchair ramp to Leonor's home.